U. monanthos germination

From: Richard Jobson (r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 20:27:14 PST

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:27:14 +1100
From: "Richard Jobson" <r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: U. monanthos germination

Dear John,
After one month U. monanthos (NZ), U. violacea, and U. benthamii
seed have just germinated. Seed were obtained from Allan Lowrie
and placed onto wet river sand in a shaded (50%) and cool
glasshouse (15 - 30 C). I did not treat the seed in any way.
Hoping all the other species follow suit.
Best,
Richard J.
P.S I recently germinated seed of true U. endresii (using the peat
tea in a tube method) obtained from Cambrian Carnivors - I
currently have the seedlings growing in two pots - one pure
spaghnum the other peat/sand. Seems to do well in both
substrates.