Re: Re: P.sp.Pachuca = emarginata??

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 08:02:31 PST

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:02:31 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:       Re: P.sp.Pachuca = emarginata??

Hi Jan,

It's funny how all these years I thought there was a major problem with
false identification of Drosera in collections when it recently became
apparent to me (upon visiting a friend with a terrific Mexican and other
Ping collection - you know who you are! and get ready to send me those
plants!) that there's definitely more confusion with Pings.

The reason I asked whether the 2 were similar or the same was because the
red coloration on the edge of the leaf only close to the center of the
plant, which I was told was characteristic of this sp. Pachuca, is also
present on what I received from another grower (thanks, you know who!) as
emarginata. The only difference other than that is the "emarginata" have
more red coloration.

Oh well. Thanks for the response!

Matt