staghorn fern

From: Joseph Kinyon (jkinyon@CalAcademy.org)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 10:30:43 PST

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:30:43 -0800
From: "Joseph Kinyon" <jkinyon@CalAcademy.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: staghorn fern

An off topic subject

Hello folks,
I have recieved a staghorn fern and their is no staghorn fern listserve to
join! (grin) Can anyone offer some beyond basic growing tips. E-mail me
directly on this subject.

Also,

I started building a 10 x 5 foot green house out of windows from Building
Resources in San Francisco. For a few dollars I bought obscure glass sash
windows in a redwood frame. They are large windows salvaged from a chuch in
San Francisco. With the studs I salvaged (with permission of course) from a
local remodeling project, I am building this out of completely recycled
materials--except for the brass hardware. I believe the whole project will
cost $120 to finish (the hardware being a significant portion of the
budget). I did see several sliding glass doors in aluminum frames for
*cheap*. You could quickly frame four windows into an insulated box. Just
add shelves roof and gravel. You can add the biodome-technology others
posted as you see fit. (I challenge you to run it off solar power, for a
stand alone off the grid system) Are they tearing any hotels down near you?
You could get a whole bunch and go modular.

Joseph Kinyon