Plagiarization of Brazilian CP Homepage

From: Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes (fe_riva@uol.com.br)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 17:36:26 PST

Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:36:26 -0200
From: "Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes" <fe_riva@uol.com.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Plagiarization of Brazilian CP Homepage

Dear friends,

            As you may already know, the Brazilian CP Webpage put together
by myself and friends Marcelo A.K.Fontana and Linilson R.Padovese has been
PLAGIARIZED by a Daniel Sollazzini Cortez. We would like to ask for your
support to get this fake page off the web by mailing the message
below as a sign of REPUDIATION of PLAGIARISM to the following addresses:

hexen@nvc.com.br (perpetrator, Daniel Sollazzini Cortez himself)
abuse@tripod.com (Tripod, where his plagiarized homepage is based)
abuse@nvc.com.br (NVC, his internet provider)
info@cade.com.br (Cade, Brazilian search program where his site is listed)

Dear sirs,

            The Brazilian Carnivorous Plant Home Page has been running since
December 1997 and is the result of the joint efforts of thirteen people,
spreading the word on these magnificent plants. Recently, new texts have
been included, as well as hundreds of new pictures -- bringing the total up
to 969 pictures. It WAS, until recently, the only carnivorous plant home
page
on the web written in the Portuguese language, giving out all sorts of
information such as cultivation, taxonomy, ecology, and distribution.

            Unfortunately the above mentioned website has been PLAGIARIZED
by a DANIEL SOLLAZZINI CORTEZ (hexen@nvc.com.br), who has CRIMINALLY
copied all our texts, images and photos to a site of his own (at
http://members.tripod.com/hexenmeister/Generos.htm) and is calling himself
the OWNER of all copyrights!!

            So through this message we ask Tripod to please REMOVE this
plagiarized website, NVC to CANCEL Daniel's account, and Cade to ERASE this
plagiarized site from their lists.

            In the meanwhile, we are taking legal action against the
perpetrator Daniel Sollazzini Cortez.

Cordially thanking you all in advance,

Fernando Rivadavia Lopes (fe_riva@uol.com.br)
Linilson Rodrigues Padovese (lrpadove@usp.br)