re: bitch, bitch, bitch

From: Phil Faulisi (Philcula@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 06:00:28 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 06:00:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Philcula@webtv.net (Phil Faulisi)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: bitch, bitch, bitch

I agree! When I signed up on this listserv it was because a dear friend
of mine practically begged me to. He said he was a member of this great
cp info exchange forum that had great articles on the hobby. He sent me
a few of the past articles last year and it thoroughly peaked my
interest. From what I can tell now, he must have sent me articles that
were posted during a time when everyone treated the listserv with the
respect it deserved. What a pleasure it was to read letters from true cp
icons. People that I have read about through the ICPS for the last 15
or so years.

Now you've scared them all off with all this battleground bull----. I've
been growing cp's for almost 30 years now and at 38 years old I am still
growing (hundreds of plants), still learning and still yearning for new
information on the subject this listserv was created for. A place
designed for sharing everyone's knowledge and field trips and passion
for growing cp's. All that has seemed to change so rapidly now. Now when
I get my e-mail I cringe when I see I got one from the cp listserv. I
know what to expect.
I can expect at any given time to see arguments and back stabbing and
thievery and just plain old court room stuff that's better left to Judge
Judy! Sure you can all tell me to just scroll past all the messages I
don't want to read and I do. But why should I have to? Why should I
receive 8 or 10 messages and 7 of the 10 are continuations of the same
fight, every single day. I don't WANT to have to unsubscribe. I want to
come home from work and read great articles of culture and news of new
species and growing techniques from Peter and Barry and Jan, etc.
OK, so somebody broke the law and stole another hard working cp
enthusiasts web page. Let's do what we have to. But please, let's not
forget about the material that's the main reason most of us are here.

Speaking of which, I am opening my home and greenhouses for refreshments
and tours during the convention. I would love to meet some of you, many
of which have already made plans to visit me. Let me show you why I love
cp's so much. I am more than happy to meet you here for a really good
time. You can contact me privately and I will give you directions and
information on finding me. I am really looking forward to this. I am
ecstatic about meeting people and sharing the passion for these
wonderful plants. And it doesn't matter to me if it's in person or via
an e-mail listserv! hint, hint.
Happy and healthy growing to you all. And yes,
justice WILL prevail :-) My appologies to you Fernando for your loss.
Phil