seeds

From: j.dewitte@t-online.de
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 10:41:34 PST

Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:41:34 +0100 (MET)
From: j.dewitte@t-online.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: seeds

Here some info I tought I should share. I decided to clean out my fridge, and
get rid of the seeds I stored over time. So I prepared TC-medium and started
putting out nepenthes seeds. The first to germinate (with a rate of better
than 80%) after two weeks were highland seeds from 1996, but surprisingly
highlanders from back in 1993 germinated (still better than 15%) after 4 weeks.
So one should not despair. Proper storage (and germination technique) still
does wonders.
Jean-Pierre De Witte
mailto: j.dewitte@t-online.de
Time: 19:37:11