re: Heliamphora sp

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 04:59:38 PST

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 07:59:38 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Heliamphora sp

Hi Ivan,

I'm thinking the 3/4 Heliamphora seedlings you had which stayed small might
have been inferior clones but the one youve got which is now 1" high might
be large because tatei and neblineae are larger plants relative to the other
Heliamphoras youmight have experience with. In other words, I'm not sure
that what you have is a superior clone - it might just be a normal grower.

As to the mold which killed the majority of the seedlings, did you try using
any fungicide on the seed / seedlings?

Also, do you really think stratification was necessary with these? When we
spoke a while back regarding germination, it seemed like you were
stratifying even species which I would never even consider stratifying.

On a similar note, I hear Fernando's got one of Lowrie's new Heliamphora
germinating techniques to tell us about - it greatly improves viability over
time. I'm pretty anxious to hear more!

Matt