foot candles to lumens

From: Jose Gengler L. (osito@intraweb.cl)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 11:17:17 PST

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:17:17 -0400
From: osito@intraweb.cl (Jose Gengler L.)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: foot candles to lumens

Hi!

I have been looking at James and Patricia Pietropaolo's book entitled
"Carnivorous Plants of the World". It is a very technical, sinthetic,
and full of wise advises. Units come both in metric and american
systems. I am very glad I bought that book.

But one thing has got my attention. They measure luminosity in foot
candles, a unit they say is widespread. All the literature I have been
reviewing measures luminosity in lumens. I don't know the relationship
between these two units. I supose it is not a linear relatinship. I
would greatly appreciate if someone shares a conversion formula.

Thnks,