(no subject)

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 12:46:34 PST

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:46:34 EST
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: (no subject)

Dear Bruce and All,
>Hello John,
I remember this seller/grower wanting offers to be
given over his email address. Try leaving him an email
and I'm sure he will give you the specifics. No need
to share all of that information here. I appreciate
anyone who will offer a chance to increase my
collection of species I enjoy growing. So, maybe you
are a little less irritated now.

Bruce

What's the point in emailing somebody who can't (or sometimes wont) be able
to sell their plants because of phytosanitary and CITES restrictions?

The other point is that my growing conditions will not be the same as such
and such a member in ,say Florida.If I went on the listserve telling
everybody about my infallible methods of growing Darlingtonia, I'm sure I'd
get a few unnecessary emails from the listserve members who live in hot
climates, asking me where I live ( as it is, if they have a world atlas they
can find the rough area where I live).

As far as I can recall, the listserve protocol also asks listmembers to
notify where they live, because this is an International list (the point of
my original posting).

John Wilden
Southport
Lancs.