Waking up Darlingtonia( and sarracenias, VFT's , etc)

From: david ahrens (nepenthesdave@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 07:49:21 PST

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 07:49:21 PST
From: "david ahrens" <nepenthesdave@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Waking up Darlingtonia( and sarracenias, VFT's , etc)

I have lost the use of a greenhouse since last March and I now have to grow
my plants in a centrally heated flat/appartment. This last winter I have
kept the temperate plants in an outside, unheated garage. I put them in
there in October, and I have just taken them out this week. There is not
much light in there but the plants have kept their colour (color) very well.
The VFT's and Sarracenia are just starting to grow and I have not lost any
plants to grey mould( I did give a light spray once with some benomyl). Our
winters are colder than some parts of the USA, and normally Darlingtonia
overwinters easily outside, but I do not grow it at the moment.
regards
David Ahrens
London