Nepenthes Coccinea

From: Paul McCullough (paulmcc@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 20:00:10 PST

Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 23:00:10 -0500
From: Paul McCullough <paulmcc@home.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes Coccinea

Thanks for all the messages of support! This group is great!

So far the nep coccinea seems okay- I'm misting it every day with
distilled water (to make up for the lack of real humidity) and watering
every other day. It's got good drainage. This is - by far - the
biggest CP I've ever grown! It sits right outside my Klimagro
greenhouse - it's about half as big as the KG!- and in a window that
gets NW sunlight. The grower told me not to put it in real direct
sunlight- I wanted it to be in our dining room which faces SE but he
thought that would be too much light. Others have said that that's not
a real problem and frankly, most CP like light more then heat anyway.

My two nep madagascarensis in the KG are also doing great- it's been a
year since I bought the two miniature plants- they now dwarf all but the
Sarr Purps- and they're giving them a run for their money. My sarr
purps are waking up from winter slumber, as are my VFTs. I love this
time of year when CP yawn and stretch and then get to work.

I'll probably post pix of the new neps and update the Klimagro jungle
pix on my website by the end of March/ beginning of April.

Cheers,
Paul

--

My New Webpage URLs: -------------------- 3D Animation World: http://members.home.net/paulmcc Carnivorous Plant Page: http://members.home.net/paulmcc/carniv.htm Movie Reviews: http://members.home.net/paulmcc/movies.htm