Re: Getting rid of pesky squirrels

From: Philip Semanchuk (mrbones@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 18:57:55 PST

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:57:55 -0500
From: "Philip Semanchuk" <mrbones@mindspring.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Getting rid of pesky squirrels

>I live in an apartment and squirrels are tearing up potted CPs on my front
>porch! Does anyone have any ideas on keeping them away?

Black pepper might discourage them a little. I've used it in the past to
discourage my cat who went through her own houseplant excavation period. It
worked OK, not great, and after repeated applications the soil started to
take a long time to absorb water. I've heard that black pepper can be used
in your car's radiator to plug pinhole leaks so perhaps it is Nature's Own
Stop-Leak. Note that I don't actually recommend pepper in your radiator or
sugar in your gas tank for that matter.

Putting a wire cage around my plants is the only thing that keeps them
perfectly safe from squirrels. Looks ugly but it works.

Bruce in Raleigh, tell me what kind of beer your roommates from Brazil left
behind and maybe I'll swap you a case of Slug Swill for it. : )

Philip
URL du jour: http://www.drbronner.com/main.html