Utricularia

From: 8357737 (DMERRITT@pbserver.paulbunyan.net)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 17:53:41 PST

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:53:41 -0600
From: 8357737 <DMERRITT@pbserver.paulbunyan.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Utricularia

Hi, I have a Utricularia vulgaris that had come out of dormancy and
was looking very happy. I left the greenhouse where I have it
housed Friday night. When I came back Monday morning my U.
vulgaris was a brown slimy mess. What happened? I had it growing
in lake water. That should not have been a problem as the plant
grows native here. This particular plant came from Portugal. But
it is the same species. And I know there was no sudden temperature
change. Temperature in the greenhouse is recorded continuously so I
can track that. Outside we went from nice warm weather to sudden
snow storms, but that should not have affected the inside. Anyone
else have similar problems with this plant? If I did something
wrong, let me know and I won't do it again. BTW , Adao, I have
Drosera seed sprouting. :) :) :). Now If I can keep from killing
it to. Thanks for any suggestions. Anita, Minnesota, USA

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]