animal pest

From: Michael Hunt (MPHCJ5@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 08:23:49 PST

Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:23:49 -0500
From: "Michael Hunt" <MPHCJ5@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: animal pest

  ----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Hunt To:
  JWi5770869@aol.com Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 7:56 AM
  Subject: Oh unwelcome cats

  Irresponsible? I own several cats. Do you want to let me know
  how its possible to 'tell' a cat to stay out of somebody else's
  backyard? (perhaps that's one of the reasons I like cats!)

  Hello John,

  I can only speak for circumstances here in the States. In the
  majority of our urban and suburban area's there are leash laws
  that applies both to cats & dogs. In my city of St. Petersburg
  this is the case. I could use your same argument for my dog to an
  extent. I do realize it isn't as difficult to maintain a dog on
  its property than a cat. But none the less, if I just opened the
  front door and let the dog out I'm sure he would have no
  difficulty going to a neighbors yard and taking a dump in there
  garden where he would find a nice odor and then kicking up dirt
  with his back legs to mark his area. I don't care for cats, but
  certainly not everyone cares for dogs and some don't care for
  either. So why should I push my interest on others? I don't. If
  I wanted a cat I would have one. But for some reason certain
  people don't have the same respect for their fellow neighbors . I
  often look out the window and see a unwelcome cat putting its ass
  up against the back of a prized plant which I take time and money
  to grow and watch it spray its territory. Or awaken at 3am to a
  cat fight outside my bedroom window which awakens my dog and it
  won't shut up. Or find unwanted kittens in my garage due to some
  feral cat that no one wants messing with another cat which should
  have been fixed by a responsible cat owner, thus spreading the
  feral cat population which is a huge problem here. How about
  working in the garden and stumbling upon buried cat feces, nice
  way to catch a disease. Or the stench of cat urine coming off the
  tires of a sprayed parked car. The killing of wild birds at the
  bird bath I attract them to. I have a 3 meter high privacy fence
  around my back property, and I spend my money and time on my
  property so why should I or anyone have to put up with these
  violations of their rights for the excuse that cats can't be
  maintained on there owners property. John sorry but I just don't
  buy this argument. Maybe I will get a large python (which do very
  well in the climate outside here) and let it roam the
  neighborhood? After all they are even more difficult than a
  intelligent cat to keep confined. They may even find a kitty and
  make a meal out it. Sir, I mean no disrespect . But I think you
  are wrong on this, and I suspect some of your neighbors would
  agree if you live in a populated area. Even though they may be
  quiet to keep the peace. Sincerely, Michael Hunt St. Petersburg
  Fl

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]