Re: animals

From: Sean Barry (sjbarry@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 09:31:57 PST

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:31:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Sean Barry <sjbarry@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: animals

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Sylvia De Rooy wrote:

> Is there anyone on this list who understands that the decreasing habitat
> for cp's is because of the thinking of the Pagoulatos of this world?

Without engaging in animal rights debates or in defending or attacking
individuals or concepts I'm afraid I have to disagree completely with the
above. The decreasing habitat of cp's (and everything else in the natural
world) is ENTIRELY attributable to the reality of the out-of-control human
population increase. Thinking has nothing to do with it--anyone who
examines those numbers and their rates of increase and can honestly be
optimistic about the future of cp's or anything else in the natural world
is certainly not thinking.

Sean Barry