invasive species

From: Sylvia De Rooy (red1@humboldt1.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 07:03:22 PST

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 00 08:03:22 -0700
From: Sylvia De Rooy <red1@humboldt1.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: invasive species

> But please, remember that this is a CP
>listserve. Keep your stuff on track.
So Barry, let me get this right, are you saying that the issue of
wholesale slaughter of animals to protect plants in someones yard is not
pertinent to a cp discussion? Are you saying that someone posting that
animals have no rights and can be killed by humans w/ nary a backward
glance is not pertinent to the survival of plant life? Somehow I don't
think so. Is what you're really saying that you just don't want to see
waves made on the list? If that's what you're saying then I would suggest
you check out your priority list. Some things cannot be let to slide.
That's how the Nazis got by w/ what they did.
The bottom line here is that the posting by Pagoulatos is one of the
ugliest pieces of work I've had the displeasure of seeing in a long time
and once again I say: everyone on the list should be outraged by it.They
should also be outraged by his choice to direct his attack personally.
Yes, I do agree w/ the poster who spoke to the issue of overpopulation
but it must be remembered that at least part of the reason for the gross
overpopulation is the thinking that humans have rights that other animals
don't. It is that thinking that is leading us into, as Dr. Shafer said,
interesting times.
So Barr, in spite of your 'there, there' message, I believe that I AM on
track.
Sylvia De Rooy