S. flava getting too big?

From: Philip Semanchuk (mrbones@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 09:38:20 PST

Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:38:20 -0500
From: "Philip Semanchuk" <mrbones@mindspring.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S. flava getting too big?

Hi,
I have an S. flava that is getting pretty big; it now has about 20 flower
spikes on it. I repotted it about 2 or 3 years ago when I got it from a
friend (you know who you are -- thanks!). I recall hearing sometime ago on
the list that Sarracenia benefit from being divided every so often and that
there is a danger of the crowns rotting from the core outwards if they get
too big. My instinct tells me this is not a concern (at least for my plant)
but I'm always grateful for advice from the vast College of CP Knowledge.
Comments appreciated! I can't wait to see all these flowers in bloom.

Philip
URL du jour: http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Internet/Etiquette/