Disappointed (+ TV show)

From: David P Banks (dpbanks@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 04:49:03 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:49:03 +1000
From: "David P Banks" <dpbanks@ozemail.com.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Disappointed (+ TV show)

I must admit to being a touch disappointed about the complete lack of
replies on the list regarding my two recent postings on Nepenthes. Nothing
at all was posted on the digest - yet I see all this irrelevent crap and
name-calling. I received only one private reply (Thanks Rob!) yet I thought
these might be topics of interest.

The first was on the ratios of males to females in Nepenthes species (and
hybrids for that matter).

The second was on the seed maturation times on Nepenthes species.

Surely these topics (on carnivorous plants after all) should be of more
interest than point scoring public battles.

Onto another more pleasant subject.

For Australian readers, I taped a segment on Nepenthes for the new Channel 7
Show "Morning Shift". It only goes for 4 minutes, but you will see some nice
plants. It will be shown between 9-11am on Friday 31st March. Set those
videos!!

David P. Banks
Hills District Orchids
Seven Hills NSW 2147 Australia
Phone (02) 9674-4720 Fax (02) 9686-3303
Editor "Australian Orchid Review" & "The Orchadian".
(And very keen Nepenthes grower!)