Any story?

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 16:36:31 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:36:31 CST
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Any story?

Hi. In relation to 'unwanted human pest,' I am wondering if anyone knows a
good story of man-eating plants. I mentioned them earlier, but one I know is
about this giant CP in Madagascar. This story is gross. My memory is
somewhat unclear, but supposedly a virgin is sacrificed for this 'scared'
tree. There are sharp spines on the surface of the plant, and the victim is
entrapped. The participants of the ceremony gather around the plant, and
drink the mixture of blood of the victim and the digestive fluid of the
tree.

I think I read some other 'true' stories, but I don't believe any of them. I
also read this short story (I know the author's name, but don't know how to
spell). The main character is an avid orchid collector, and obtains a new
species. To make a long story short, he is caught along with his cousin and
her cat. His nephew comes to investigate, but he finds out what happened.
The orchid is butchered after the nephew finds out what the man very
negatively wrote about him.

I am sure there are more since it is a fascinating topic. Is there any one
who knows other stories?

Hideka