Phytosanitary Cert.

From: Joe Harden (jharden@carnivorous-kingdom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 10:01:46 PST

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:01:46 -0600
From: "Joe Harden" <jharden@carnivorous-kingdom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Phytosanitary Cert.

I called the US Customs office today, and I was trying to find out
the paperwork/permits needed to get a Phytosanitary Certificate.
The person over the phone said the only paperwork required was that
if the plants were on some sort of import regulation list, and told
me flat out I didn't need anything.

Well, I know the type of people everyone is hiring today, since
labor is tight...and I think I got bad advice. Problem is, I called
back a few days later and I got the same guy...

Can someone please clarify this, since 'ignorance of the law' isn't
a good defense if I get in trouble --EVEN if the ignorance was on
their part.

Joe

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]