about Aldrovanda seeds on germination

From: Vitor Fernandes Oliveira de Miranda (vmiranda@ms.rc.unesp.br)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 13:03:38 PDT

Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:03:38 -0300 (GRNLNDST)
From: Vitor Fernandes Oliveira de Miranda <vmiranda@ms.rc.unesp.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: about Aldrovanda seeds on germination

Dear all,

Reason of this e-mail is ask any help. I am very worried with my master in
Science research, that I intend to use seedlings of Aldrovanda vesiculosa.
I\264d received 12 seeds of Aldrovanda, from Belgium. I maintained them in
refrigerator (around 4 degrees Celsius) for 6 month and thus took them to
germinate. On seven days just 4 seeds germinated. I got tremendously
happy. So, I have done drawings of the seedlings development. But,
unfortunatellly, 2 seedlings had died and the third is going to the same
way. The fourth one is my last seedling!
I have maintened them on around 15-30 degrees Celsius, in distilled water.
Ph is 7.
Please, if someone could help me, any advices are welcome. I hope that
someone could help me.

Thanks in advance

Vitor.

Vitor Fernandes Oliveira de Miranda