Roadasida wildiflora

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 05:59:38 PDT

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 08:59:38 -0400
From: "Steven Stewart" <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Roadasida wildiflora

Hello, and thanks to all for the feedback! Botanical nomenclature confusion
is a big part of the problem, The reason I chose Drosera filiformis var.
trayci as an example is because Florida law has this species split into two,
Drosera filiformis var. filiformis being endangered in the State (when in
Rome?). I know in the current reality of many Highway Departments
"Wildflowers" are a species that can be purchased anywhere the supply is
abundant and cheap. In Florida it is believed to be too expensive to buy
named species of seed and unless things have recently changed, no Florida
producer of seed has bid low enough to get any contracts. It does make a
nice thought though. If business and the plants continue to be good, I would
like to meet everyone in California at the meeting!
Take care,
Steven Stewart
Sanford, Fl