bog plantings

From: Doug Barrett and Laura Ratti (dougnlaura@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 07:59:16 PDT

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 07:59:16 -0700
From: "Doug Barrett and Laura Ratti" <dougnlaura@earthlink.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: bog plantings

Hi all. I just completed a backyard bog and would like some feedback on
what level of "wetness" the different Sarracinia species prefer. The bog is
a floating mat of sphagnum and it is very wet. I have read for example that
S. psitticina likes very wet areas. I mostly need to know which species
prefer drier areas, as the water table is high in the bog, so I can place
them in drier areas or make other accomodations for them. I grow most all
species of Sarracinias.