RE: Introduction:

From: Malouf, Perry (Perry.Malouf@jhuapl.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 05:53:49 PDT

Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:53:49 -0400
From: "Malouf, Perry" <Perry.Malouf@jhuapl.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Introduction:

Ron Gladkowski wrote:

>..I make terrariums....Whenever I have tried keeping venus fly traps,
> I have had no success.

Hey Ron, don't forget to give your flytraps a dormancy period when
you grow them in a terrarium. My first plants were grown in a
terrarium, they grew like crazy that summer, and then I noticed that
they started to decline in early Fall. But I still kept the conditions warm
and humid, hoping they'd come back. They didn't. I actually exhausted
them by not providing their required dormancy conditions and they
died.

That may be the only bit of advice you need. :-)

Good luck,

Perry Malouf