RE: and drier water? (was: Dehumidified Water)

From: Tom Massey (massey@fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 08:49:45 PDT

Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:49:45 -0400
From: Tom Massey <massey@fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: and drier water? (was: Dehumidified Water)

Stefan:

What you say makes sense about the potential for chemicals getting into the
water. I don't know of a quick and easy test of organic phosphates to
make sure your water is okay.
 However, I would not read too much into the presence of algae in water
that is left out. I use RO water and it gets all kinds of things in it
very quickly. Algae doesn't always get an immediate start, but it happens
fairly frequently, along with all kinds of cyclops, mosquito larva etc.

Tom in Fl.