peat tea

From: Marcello Catalano (catalano@internode.it)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 11:43:37 PDT

Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 20:43:37 +0200
From: Marcello Catalano <catalano@internode.it>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: peat tea

Hi, it would be possible to avoid the peat tea (to have some more red on
some S. flava "red") and to have the same results using some drops of
some other product to add to water. Maybe someone of you have already
tried. I'm tired to see my plants, that should be completely red, just
lightly suffused with red and simply heavily veined. And I kept them in
the same pot for 3 years now, never disturbing them, and in full sun. I
also know that their colour is due to particular condition in which
these forms usually grow, along black, hot, peaty ponds, riches in
tannin. Something like a permanent peat tea! thanks, marcello catalano