Kit's water

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 12:19:26 PDT

Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 15:19:26 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Kit's water

In a message dated 05/05/00 09:21:53 GMT Daylight Time, cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
writes:

> I realize that the plants don't care about excuses, but I can't find
> distilled water anywhere around here. I know my water filter is
> activated charcoal, any idea whether that catches minerals? I'm
> colecting rainwater now, but that only works when it's raining.
>
> >Good luck, and thanks for your interesting message.
>
> Thanks,
> -Kit
Kit
Rainwater is OK for your plants but try the following alternatives:
1. Find your nearest aquatic store. Some aquarists use "Reverse-Osmosis
(Osmosified??) water to keep fish in.This is quite pure and the aquatic store
may be able to help you out with a supply (but they may charge you).

2.If you have a room dehumidifier/air-conditioner then the waste water may be
useful to use.(This depends on the dehumidifier/conditioner-let the list know
what you've got)

3.If all else fails,use tap water.Make sure that the plants DONT dry out
as this will kill them, remembering that when you get a decent supply of
rain/pure water that you'll have to repot your plants in Peat.

All the best

John Wilden
Southport
Lancs.