Re: TO: Kit Halsted

From: Babs Ellinwood (babsellinwood@webtv.net)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 14:48:17 PDT

Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 17:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: babsellinwood@webtv.net (Babs Ellinwood)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: TO: Kit Halsted

2 Liter empty soda bottles are fantastic for saucers, I also use the
rest of the bottle for a mini-greenhouse when the bottoms are cut out.
I leave the top on or off depending on the conditions I am looking for.

They are great for sprouting seeds of most types, I can sprout a Lotus
seed in 24-48 hours. Will begin to keep records when I have some CP's
to sprout. I don't own any CP's as yet, but several list members have
given me leads for seeds, or offered some of their own. I have located
some three Nepenthes plants which I will pickup about May 20.

I don't own them, but I found some Drosera in our boat basin a few weeks
ago. So I will at least be their private gardner !!!

I just joined this list and already have learned so much, thanks to
each of you for sharing..

Babs in Hernando, Florida