SF ICPS meeting: need Drosera material

From: LopesFR@pebio.com
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 06:38:04 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:38:04 -0400
From: LopesFR@pebio.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: SF ICPS meeting: need Drosera material

To all,

       I have found out that I will be able to attend the SF ICPS meeting
after all (!!), due to a miraculously coinciding work trip. I am still on
the lookout for several Drosera species (for an ongoing taxonomical study
of New World Drosera spp.) and am willing to "pay" with seeds of rare
Brazilian CPs. So I'd like to propose a trade at the ICPS meeting,
to anyone who can bring me what I want.

       I'm on the lookout for Drosera from N.America, Europe and temperate
Asia. Basically, D.rotundifolia, D.anglica, D.intermedia, D.linearis,
D.filiformis, and **especially** D.capillaris and D.brevifolia.

       If you have any Venezuelan Drosera, I'd be more than happy to accept
too! Anything but D.intermedia Mt.Roraima that is... D.roraimae, D.esmeraldae,
D.kaieteurensis, D.felix, etc. No spatulatas and aliciaes please!! Be sure of
ID.

       But I don't want live plants!! What I'm interested in are whole
flowering plants in alcohol. I need whole plants so they can be drawn up.
Flowers are especially important, so I'd be happy with one plant with an
inflorescence and several loose flowers in a vial, for example (as long
as the flowers are from the same clone/population).

        Plastic or glass vials (the smaller the better) with 70% ethanol
are perfect for "pickling" the plants. I would also need a small packet of
seeds to go along (seeds are also an important character after all). Five
seeds are enough. Plants with location data are best, but in the case of
D.capillaris and D.brevifolia I am willing to make an exception in some
cases.

        Furthermore, if anyone has any of the seeds that my friend Vitor
asked for yesterday, I'd also be willing to trade you for them, to help his
Drosera studies as well.

See you in SF!!!

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil