Re: Australia's CP diversity

From: Miguel de Salas (mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 22:24:10 PDT

Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 15:24:10 +1000
From: Miguel de Salas <mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Australia's CP diversity

At 06:11 AM 10-05-2000 -0700, you wrote:
>This group is certainly paraphyletic. The species-rich group of
>pygmy sundews (subgen. Bryastrum) is likewise not confined to
>Australia but its range reaches (with the single species _D. pygmaea_)
>Tasmania and New Zealand.

Hmmmm... Dissapointing to be left out of Australia once more. Tasmania,
although possessing a high level of endemism, is a part of Australia. Bass
strait has been dry land more often than not in the last couple of million
years. So we're in fact a part of Australia, with many common species:

D. peltata
D. arcturi
D. spatulata
D. pygmaea