RE: Help need on Science Project

From: Laurent Legendre (laurent.legendre@univ-reims.fr)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 23:15:38 PDT

Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 08:15:38 +0200
From: Laurent Legendre <laurent.legendre@univ-reims.fr>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Help need on Science Project

Hi Clayton,

I have grown U. gibba with guppies for years and have never noticed any problem with my guppies (and other aquarium fishies too). To the contrary, these fishes eat the plant so badly that it needed protection and the baby fishes are attracted by the plants to find a hiding spot. U. gibba is sometimes sold as an aquarium plant around here. I've ne ver seen it bloom though under such growing conditions. I've only seen it bloom once when the water level had gone low enough (couple mm below
soil surface) to force the plant to touch the ground.

Maybe you can be more precise on your science project difficulties so
that I can help you.

Laurent