Sanity! (Re - Lowrie utric edition)

From: Paul Temple (paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 04:05:49 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 12:05:49 +0100
From: Paul Temple <paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sanity! (Re - Lowrie utric edition)

>I am finally getting around to purchasing one of Allan Lowries
>books and was wondering if someone could please tell me which
>edition has the Utricularia, as opposed to those sticky leaved
>things.

Aha - another sane individual (watch out though, I hear "Fernando's
Syndrome" is highly contagious!).

I think you probably want Volume 3. Volume 2 is devoted to rosetted
sticky things. From memory, I think same is true for Volume 1 (oh OK
then, some of them aren't rosetted - but most are).

Be warned, Vol3 has only a few Utrics but does have interesting other CP
(including some rosetted sticky things). So I would take a guess that
you'll need Volume 4 if one is ever produced (and since my friend is an
entrepreneur, I willing to predict there will be a Volume 4!!!).

Cheers

Paul