Nepenthes

From: sundews@home.com
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 14:22:09 PDT

Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:22:09 -0700
From: sundews@home.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes

Hi everyone

 I have a question regarding my N . coccinea . I have it growing in a
65 gallon aquarium with a 4 bulb flourescent fixture on top . The
tank is sealed except for about a 3 inch gap to allow some air
movement . The humidity is 75 - 85 %. the problem is that some of
the leaves on my N. coccinea are black on the edges , it looks
almost like they are burnt. I am going to place some screening over
that half of the tank . All my other plants in the tank are fine and
the black marks don`t seem to bother the plant (but it bothers me)
Could it be that the lights are too bright for it or is there something
else I should woeey about, like disease or something . Also the
black don`t rub off which is why I think it may be burning from the
light.... Any advice ??

Thanks
Mike