Mites and oil

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 14:59:42 PDT

Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 16:59:42 CDT
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Mites and oil

Be cautious when spray oil. If it is too hot, plants might get some damage.
The type of oil is also critical. Orchid growers prefer a specific brand
('Sunspray' ? I for got the name), and that should work for CPs, too.

I am not sure about tissue culture of Sarracenia. But if you simply grow
them in vitro, it is not really tissue culture. The same thing was said
about Nepenthes, and I am going to try if in vitro culture of Nepenthes
shortens the ages to mature.

Hideka