Re: Drosera uniflora

From: Tassara (strega@split.it)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 06:14:08 PDT

Date: Fri,  9 Jun 2000 15:14:08 +0200
From: strega@split.it (Tassara)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drosera uniflora

Hi Nigel,

>I read a comment recently that Drosera uniflora wouldn't be of interest
>to collectors. I personally think that's almost exactly wrong.
>By their very nature collections have a pattern or them to them, and a
>collector will be interested in any material that matches.

It is a very small plant definitely not very showy; so it wouldn't be of
much interest for those who like big and impressive plants.
It is on the other hand of great interest for those who like to observe
characteristics and adaptments of CPs to unusual environments.
I'm trying growing some young plants and they seem to be not so impossible
as it is commonly thought. After a few months of growth, however, they start
going dormant and if they aren't kept in an enough cool environment they can
die.

It would be nice to obtain seed and to spread this species among interested
people, but I still never heard of anybody who succeeded in this.

Best regards

Filippo Tassara
Genoa, Italy