Re: Gubler Nepenthes

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 08:49:44 PDT

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:49:44 PDT
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Gubler Nepenthes

Hi John,

>I have a picture of my "Gubler Nep" on a website for anyone interested
>at the following:
>http://homestead.juno.com/thegreens13/files/gublernep.jpg
>I guess mine has a heavy alata influence, but I'm not much into growing
>Neps.

   One of mine looks similar to the one you have, but it could
easily be a different hybrid. Look to see if the peristome
comes up to a 'point' at the bottom or that the peristome is a
bit more flared then alata. If it does, it's probably got some
maxima in it as well. I know that's a broad statement, but
maxima is a fairly common parent in hybrid neps.

> It seems to grow pretty easily and survives despite constant
>neglect.

   Oh yeah, mine thrives on neglect ;-)!

>The rest of the website is mostly finished but I still need to
>get some pictures developed and scanned for my "Outdoor Bog" section,

   I'll look forward to that after hearing about it in our
personal conversations.

Happy growing,

Chris

--