Darlingtonia in Florida

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 04:56:56 PDT

Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 07:56:56 -0400
From: "Steven Stewart" <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia in Florida

Hello,
Steven Stewart here,
I just thought I would continue discussing the progress of Darlingtonia in
our Florida greenhouse. The flower spike that was emerging has been broken
off by accident, in the hustle, to plant enough vfts to pay the bills. It
was not robust and is probably best for the plant. The pitchers are still
being produced, and looking good. The next few months will be the true test
for heat tolerance. Now that we have gotten wading pools for the outdoor
Sarracenia, it has rained everyday. The clouds have helped keep temperatures
lower, in the high 80F.. I will report any significant surprises or
disapointments concerning these plants, for anyone interested.
Take care,
Steven Stewart,
Sanford, Fl, USA