Utricularia ochroleuca

From: Howard J. Wu L.ac (mrwu@cello.qnet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 14:29:10 PDT

Date:          Wed, 5 Jul 2000 21:29:10 +0000
From: <mrwu@cello.qnet.com>(Howard J. Wu L.ac)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Utricularia ochroleuca

> Does anybody grow Utricularia ochroleuca? It is an interesting aquatic
>species from the northern hemisphere, closely related to U. intermedia.
>I've two small plants which I'm trying growing indoors, close to a window
>and with some artificial light; they're not very bad, but healthy
>Utricularia growth is something else! Any suggestion will be very
>appreciated; thank you.
>
> Filippo Tassara Genoa, Italy

Dr. Lubomir Ademec from the Intstitute of Botany in Trebon, Czech Republic
(ademec@bulbn.cas.cz) offers U. ochroleuca and several other utricularia
species, mostly available as winter turions. He is also working with
aldrovanda cultivation and conservation. He has been very helpful to me
in providing cultivate information on this dificult aquatics CP. Sale of
turions and plants help support the conservation work and research at the
Institute.

My experience with indoor cultivation has been that most of these
utricularia do much better outdoors in the long run. Ones I've grown
outside I still have. Windows container must be watched for overheating.
Thus makes adequate lighting difficult. U. gibba and the australian
aldrovanda are the exception and can do ok under bright aquarium lighting.

Howard Wu
Bishop,California- USA
             = Howard J. Wu. L.ac =
             = Bishop, CA =