Smoke bombs

From: r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 01:30:14 PDT

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 18:30:14 +1000
From: r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Smoke bombs

Hi Doug,
A bee keepers smoker is useful and cheap. You can burn material
such as a mixture of leaves ect. A tank of some kind can be used
that traps the smoke which then settles on the soil surface.
Also a cheaper alternative is liquid smoke. A flavouring solution
sold in super markets or check the web. It can be mixed into water
and applied to the soil. Both are effective with germination of
several Grevillea species.
Rich.
PS. I apologizes for my dumb message yesterday; should have
slept on it.