Aldrovanda south of Sydney?

From: r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 04:06:13 PDT

Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 21:06:13 +1000
From: r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Aldrovanda south of Sydney?

Hi Barry,
Are you sure your Aldrovanda is from south of Sydney? There is a
good grower of Aldrovanda (Greg Burke?) just south of Sydney. Are
you sure that the strain is a 'wild' Sydney plant? Has anyone heard
this before? I was under the impression that it existed only in
Northern New South Wales and way up north in Darwin NT. Don't
tell me our friendly (re)introducers have been at work again! What
next Nepenthes on Uluru (Ayers Rock)?
Best,
Rich.
Feeling happy? There are 650 Gorilla's left on earth! Still feeling
happy? www.dianfossey.org/