Re: Sulfur smell

From: Biodan@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 10:03:48 PDT

Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 13:03:48 EDT
From: Biodan@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sulfur smell

Wayne,
    The sulfur smell is due to bacteria. These are harmless to people and
plants. It just makes the water taste a little 'funny'. As far as other
stuff in the well water, we have a lot of iron in our soils, but very little
of anything else. The only mineral nutrient that seems to be present in
abundance is potassium. Very little, if any, nitrogen or phosphorus.
    I'm not sure that the S. psitticina is producing phyllodia or not. They
are flat and broad, but there are definite hoods at the top of each. Anyway,
I hope they'll expand into pitchers, or at least produce more later this
season. The S. flava and S. purpurea right next to them have produced pretty
nice pitchers.

John - The sun is still up there! Believe me! It's brilliant light is
beating down on us and causing the temps to exceed 100 F (35+ C)!

Dan