Sarracenia & Drosera Wanted

From: Rick Hillier (rhillier@swconnection.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 04:52:50 PDT

Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:52:50 -0400
From: "Rick Hillier" <rhillier@swconnection.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia & Drosera Wanted

Greetings,

I'm looking to expand my CP collection and replace some that I lost due to
stupidity last winter... I'm particularly looking for adult (or close to
adult) S. purpurea venosa, S. flava (different forms), S. leucophylla, S.
oreophila, and any Drosera except spathulata, capensis, aliciae,
rotundifolia and intermedia. Actually, I think I could manage Drosera from
seed.

I'm also looking for Pings, Heliamphora and Neps, but they aren't as high a
priority.

Also a question...

About 15 years ago, I had purchased and slowly killed (didn't know about
dormancy requirements at that time) a form of VFT that had very large traps
which were completely blood-red in the middle (the "claw" part included),
but the rest of the plant and the underside of the traps were green. Does
anyone know what form that might have been... I'd like to get it back again,
as it was much more robust and prettier than the typical form that only
seems to get dark pinkish in part of the trap interior.

I'm willing to pay a fair price for any plants or seeds that may be
available... Please note that the materials would need to be shipped to
Canada.

If anyone has anything available, I'd like to hear from you... please e-mail
me privately at "rhillier@swconnection.com" so that we don't clog up the
listserv.

Thanks,

Rick Hillier