Re: CP misinformation

From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes (fe_riva@uol.com.br)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 11:56:17 PDT

Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:56:17 -0300
From: "Fernando Rivadavia Lopes" <fe_riva@uol.com.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP misinformation

To Fabio d'Alessi and all,

                How annoyingly frustrating these reporters/interviewers are,
huh?? I've been through the same situation several times here in Brazil and
nowadays always tell them to go talk to some other CPer who has more
patience. They take your time (and how!) and then only worry about getting
their scoop, making the story sound as sensationalist as possible,
forgetting quality completely. And somehow condensing a week of talks into 5
seconds! And no matter how much you repeat it, they somehow always get it
wrong. I even considered taking legal action once when one newspaper somehow
managed to turn the story completely inside out and said a whole bunch of
crap about ME! A bunch of parasites! -- who should be fed to CPs bit by bit
like Andrea feeds his N.bicalcarata with chicken!!!! :):):)

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil