Re: TV and the Claws of Devils

From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 14:35:57 PDT

Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:35:57 EDT
From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:  TV and the Claws of Devils

Hey kids, Peter here at California Carnivores:
     As for the hybrid Devils Claws, master grower Mike Wang grows them and
hybridizes them. I get in tons of seed that people always bring me, and they
usually end up sitting around for years because we are so pressed for room
and time here, so I give them to Mike Wang, who grows them out for us. (Last
week someone brought in some wierd devil claw seeds unlike any I've ever
seen. They're from India, I think. They're small and cute and the "claws"
are like baby teeth unlike their cattle killing cousins...)
    As for television and carnivores, I saw the Italian bicalcarata piece and
had a good laugh...it was rather amusing. It was obvious that the reporter
knew not of what she she spoke, but that's what reporters are for! We've had
stuff like that happen on almost every media thing we've done, and I've
learned to never believe what you hear on the news! Once when we did the
feature horticultural exhibit for the California State Fair and I was to give
a lecture, they reported on the radio that I was to feed live rats to N.
bicalcarata, and hundreds of people showed up. It almost turned into a riot!
We escaped out the back door with the radical vegetarians not far behind!
     Seeya. Try feeding your plants tofu and report what happens!