Collecting/Sowing Drosera seed (filiformis,spatulata)

From: Joe Martinez (joe@jmmsoftware.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 12:47:44 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:47:44 -0700
From: Joe Martinez <joe@jmmsoftware.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Collecting/Sowing Drosera seed (filiformis,spatulata)

Much thanks to those that gave me advice on collecting
and sowing my D. Capensis seed. I sowed the seed last
week, and am waiting for them to germinate.

Now, for a couple of other Drosera:

D. Filiformis ssp. tracyi: When I bought this plant, it had
alredy finished flowering, but the scape was still there. At
this point, the flowers are all dried, and the upper 1/3 of the
stem is brown. The rest is still green.

Can I collect the seed now, or should I wait until the entire
stem is brown?

Can I sow the seed right away, or is there a better time
to do so?

If I should wait, how should the seed be stored?

D. Spatulata: This first flower is just about to open on this one.
Basically, I have the same questions: When to collect, and
when to sow?

I greatly appreciate any help on this subject!

-Joe