Fungicides

From: David Anders (david_anders@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 07:40:05 PDT

Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:40:05 GMT
From: "David Anders" <david_anders@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fungicides

Are the following (from Home Depot) Ortho products safe and effective for
use on CPs?

Ortho Home Orchard Spray (must be mixed from powder)
Contains: 15% Captan and related derivatives, 7.5% Malathion and 15%
Methoxychlor.

Ortho Multi-Purpose Fungicide (Daconil 2787\256) Plant Disease Control
Contains: 29.6% Daconil 2787\256 fungicide.

RosePride\256 Funginex\256 Rose & Shrub Disease Control, concentrate
Contains: 6.5% Triforine

If possible I'd like to use what I already have, as opposed to having to get
specialized fungicides/insecticides. But if necessary I will buy the
recommended products. I haven't seen many other products.

(My VFT gets these little brown specs that develope into a dark spot that
enlarges and eventually eats a hole in the leaf. This is not how black spot
on Roses behaves).