Re: Alien Plants

From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 13:51:57 PDT

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:51:57 EDT
From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Alien Plants

Hey Folks, Peter here at California Carnivores: We have posted some photos of
Marilee's display at the Sonoma County Fair on our website at
californiacarnivores.com. If you have a taste for the weird like we do you
might enjoy seeing the glass tubes containing UFO alien bodies with assorted
carnivores. ....For those in the Bay Area, Henry's Garden will be reshowing
an episode on us on Bay TV on Saturday and Sunday August 19 and 20, at 10:30
am and 4:30 pm both days.
....The continuing stories of plant abductions from the wild is really
disturbing. Go get them Barry! Personally, I would be suspicious of anyone
offering bare root rhizomes for sale through the mail. Twice last year I was
contacted by unknown persons who offered either Venus Flytraps or Sarracenia
bare root and wholesale, and when I told them if they could send me
photographs of their growing facilities or other proof of their being
commercially grown, they vanished or did not return my email. From now on if
I get any inquiries like that, if I have any phone number or email address,
I'll turn it over to Barry Meyers-Rice to see if any poaching can be
discovered.
     Th-th-th-that's all folks!