Re: apomixis vs parthenocarpy

From: tierney wayne (hybrid_t@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 15:20:30 PDT

Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:20:30 GMT
From: "tierney wayne" <hybrid_t@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: apomixis vs parthenocarpy

Hi Doug,
Actually, parthenocarpy is the setting of seedless fruit, a totally
different phenomenon than apomixis. Parthenogenesis is the same idea as
apomixis, but I've only heard that word applied to the animal kingdom. Maybe
apomixis is considered to be a kind of parthenogenesis undergone by
plants...?

And I don't know if there is a word for the setting of sterile seed.
-Tierney
San Jose CA