David Gray's Top 10 CP

From: Davidogray@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 11:13:28 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:13:28 EDT
From: Davidogray@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: David Gray's Top 10 CP

Hi all,
I now know that Madeleine Groves wants something a little different for her
top 10 list, but I thought it would be fun to share my ( hastily compiled )
top ten and a few comments why they're favorites of mine.
They are < drum role > :
1. Cephalotus - very wierd and mysterious, small, even cute, but big enough
to look dangerous

2. Nepenthes hamata -- the most wicked looking CP I can think of; its
teeth are unmistakably carnivorous

3. Drosera regia -- stunningly regal and clearly capable of eating large
things...

4. Dioneae muscipula -- how can this not be on everybody's favorite
list? And after Barry's talk, I giggle every time I see one

5. Sarracenia leucophyla -- the most graceful and elegant pitcherplant,
a grande dame

6. Darlingtonia californica -- curiously engineered, this was my first
Cp and I grew up in its home range so it has a soft spot in my warped
heart

7. Drosera mutifida extrema -- truly extraterrestrial in appearance, but
does not require a level 4 containment field

8. Nepenthes rajah -- a more spectaular pitcher doesn't exist; it seems
to glow with an inner radience; thier jumbo jugs have drowned small
mammals

9. Drosera capensis -- a lovable little weed, everybody should have one
or two of these to abuse; try bonsaiing one

10. Sarracenia flava "Red Tube" ( actually, v. cuprea ) -- the brazen
hussy of Sarrenias, her lurid torso demands one's attention

I would love to se other people's lists and why they chose their candidates.
Cheers,
David