Re: Keeping winter growing Drosera indoor?

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 10:17:42 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:17:42 +0100
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Keeping winter growing Drosera indoor?

Christer,

>This summer I have germinated some winter growing drosera (pauciflora,
>cistiflora, trinervia) outside, but with the colder temps I'll be forced
>to move them inside shortly.
>
>Does anyone have any experience keeping this group of plants indoors
>(terrarium)?. My main concern is the warmer temperature inside. Does
>anyone know how much warmth can they take without perishing or being
>forced into dormancy?

I find in the greenhouse that these plants do well at about 10C daytime
temperatures. They will certainly put up with less and I would think
they would find temperatures of around 15C no problem.

Its worth experimenting as I suspect a night time drop in temperature
will be more critical than keeping the daytime temperatures down.

Regards,
Phil Wilson
Email: cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk
Web Site: www.pwilson.demon.co.uk